Highland Capital Management made the list of Pension & Investments’ 2019 Best Places to Work in Money Management.
The platform was recognized for its office environment, workplace culture, and popular perks, like providing free lunch daily to all employees, and hosting events throughout the year for employees and their families.
The award was based on information from the employer about its workplace, management practices, culture, and other factors, as well as data and feedback gathered via employee surveys.
James Dondero, Highland Capital Management co-founder and president, shares his views about what makes the Highland platform unique:
“While our investment platform continues to evolve, the philosophy with which we operate remains consistent. That includes a commitment to unlocking opportunity—for our clients, our employees, and our community. It’s what drives our entrepreneurial culture, helps us develop innovative solutions, and guides our philanthropic initiatives.”
Summary of Highland Capital Management Winner Profile
- Provides free lunch and other meals to all employees daily along with a fully stocked kitchen with healthy food and beverage options.
- Offers a health insurance plan for employees and dependents without premiums or deductibles.
- Hosts an off-site employee retreat and a number of fun and cultural events for employees and their families throughout the year.
- “The founders of the organization are wise, thoughtful, calm and engaged. I have the utmost regard for them. Their method of communication is non-judgmental, enables improvement and fosters openness.“
- “World-class benefits including 100% employer-paid health/dental/life insurance for employees and their dependents, a 401(k) plan with employer match and generous time-off benefits. The firm has a strong tradition of charitable giving and community involvement that I’m proud to be associated with. Highland offers a unique Wall Street work experience in Dallas.”
- “Highland’s office environment enables employees to do their best work. The firm takes care of the little stuff (providing free lunch every day, tons of healthy snacks, paid parking, on-site dry cleaning, great health insurance plan, etc.) so employees can focus on their jobs and perform at the highest level.”
Best Places to Work Highlights from P&I
Read more about the 2019 Best Places to Work in Money Management from Pensions & Investments: