Highland Capital Healthcare Partners, LP
An Alternative to Long Only Sector Investing
Healthcare is one of the largest and fastest growing components of U.S. GDP and is also going through its biggest structural change in over 50 years with a 5-7 year runway. Couple those statistics with the “biotechnology revolution” that is taking place and the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, which is well underway and what you get are some clear cut winners and losers in the healthcare space. At Highland, we seek to deliver alpha and attract absolute return at low-beta and low correlation to the S&P 500. Our active management style becomes not only optimal, but imperative with the low correlation and high dispersion that has become a mainstay of the healthcare sector. In addition, we believe Healthcare can be a valuable component for almost any portfolio due to its historically low correlation to the other market sectors.
Highland delivers unrivaled expertise in the healthcare sector, including equity, fixed income and loan assets under management totaling more than $2 billion. We’ve been a major participant in the healthcare sector through multiple market cycles and have deep expertise in managing not only a long book, but short books as well.
The Highland healthcare management team includes nine sector specialist and analysts covering 400 stocks in healthcare services, medical technology, pharmaceuticals/biotechnology and life science tools. Our focus is on independent thinking in a collaborative environment where deep research and investment insights are highly valued.
- We’re not jumping on the healthcare band wagon, we have a proven track record. Healthcare is Highland’s largest investment sector with more than $2 billion in assets under management.
- Highland brings an unmatched level of experience with veteran Portfolio Manager and head of healthcare, Michael Gregory, who has over 14 years of experience in managing healthcare-focused funds. Mr. Gregory received his MBA from the Yale School of Management, completing a highly specialized joint program in healthcare within the Yale Schools of Medicine, Management and Public Policy.
- The healthcare team has a deep bench of 9 sector-specialists with a combined 120 years of experience.
- The fund is large enough to access the full opportunity set, but small enough to invest selectively and take meaningful positions in high-conviction investments.
- We invest across the entire healthcare spectrum without significant sub-sector over-weights or constraints.
For more information on Highland’s healthcare business, please contact Info@HighlandFunds.com.